Friday, October 3, 2014

Fall= Pumpkin-y goodness

Fall is easily my favorite season for food. For one simple reason- pumpkin-flavored everything. Well, and cinnamon, and spices, and warm, homey flavors, but that doesn't work with my title quite as well, so we're going to ignore this whole sentence.

In my quest for pumpkin dishes that I could make at home, I came across a recipe for Pumpkin Maple Macaroni & Cheese. I'm not sure how it sounds to other people, but to me it sounded like the most amazing idea in the world! I love pumpkin. I love maple syrup. I love macaroni & cheese. 

So I gathered my arsenal of ingredients.


(there was also a bottle of Abita Amber than didn't make it into the picture. Sorry!)

The recipe was pretty simple to follow. Eventually, I got to the baking step. This also meant that, for the first time, I got to use my Le Creuset casserole dish that the most awesome mom in the world found for me!


The finished product was everything that I hoped it would be. It was creamy and cheddar-y and pumpkin-y. The perfect fall dish. Plus, it made so much that I will be eating leftovers for daaaays. 

Until next time, have a happy fall everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment